Wednesday, December 12, 2012

To Keep Living...

Hello!

           I have been living on this earth for 25 1/2 years, and the most recent complication in life I have discovered is August 28, 1963:  The day Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. gave his famous "I Have A Dream" speech.  I caught some mistakes that Dr. King made during his speech that, if he did not make them, he may still be living today.  The mistakes did not only lie with Dr. King, but also with his closest supporters!  In this post, I will point out these nuances, that, if caught today, will prolong your lives as well!  And now, I present:

To Keep Living...

           Twoscore and nine years after Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have A Dream" speech, it seems like we are still behind in the way we live our lives.

Youtube Link: "I Have A Dream"

          Today, I watched Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.'s speech entitled, "I Have A Dream" in its' entirety, and I was mostly amazed at how his listeners did not yet understand what he was talking about. Within the first 5 minutes, the Doctor said (and I paraphrase), "They [Government] has continued to write us [African Americans] bad checks, and they have come back marked 'Insufficient Funds.'"  Did you hear the audience applaud?  Why were they clapping?  Take note of how many times the crowd clapped and gave praise to the most pertinent points that Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. made throughout his whole speech.  Also, there were slight clues that you could see the Doctor try to make, but because the crowd was not with him on what he was thinking as he was talking, they were unable to live in the moment that the Doctor was living in.  I believe that because of this, there were not enough people available to protect him at the time of his assassination.

          Another nuance I noticed while watching this speech, is that Dr. Martin Luther King did not tell his audience what to do while he was talking.  They were clapping at some of the wrong times, they weren't fully paying attention to what he was saying, and they did not come to his aid when he was in trouble!  You can see the Doctor standing up straighter to some of his points, shunning what turned out to be a threat away, and not checking back with his crew for some of his points.  He placed so much importance on what he was saying, that he forgot to look out for his own "out," which was that he was the man giving the speech.
If I were Dr. King, I would have ad-libbed a bit, telling the audience that they should listen, or to quiet down; even if I had to resort to telling them to "shut up," I would have done it in the "love of my listeners."

         The last thing I would have done if I were giving the speech is to talk about what we wanted to see, not what was already there.  In talking to large groups about the positive things we would like to see, it shows that they will come sooner!  Some examples of what I would have said are as follows:

"We should ALL be equal, as it says in the Constitution, 'ALL Men are Created EQUAL!'"

"Our creative protests should make us all grow!"

He says that our destinies should be tied together, and our freedoms are bound together, and that we should not walk alone, but what if he said that we should "walk together?"

I hope that this will meet your eyes, and that you will see as I see, so that we may ALL be free!  I am out of time today, but check me later.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment